Houston Neighborhood Guides
Houston Neighborhood Guides
Houston, Texas is known for being the largest city in the state and a major economic center.
It is one of the most unique and diverse cities welcoming over two million residents of varied ethnicities. The neighborhood in Houston promises a life well lived. Thanks to the region’s thriving and wealthy resources, global advancement, and warmhearted communities. It is a sprawling city with many different localities, each with its unique character and atmosphere. Enjoy its blended culture and exciting food scene. Let your imagination take you to new possibilities when you explore NASA’s Johnson Space Center. It is called the “Space City,” after all. Houston will surely tick plenty of boxes on your bucket list as it offers urban, trendy suburban, and upscale lifestyles.
INCLUSIVITY: Feel the comforting and accommodating atmosphere of a neighborhood in Houston. The city’s low cost of living and robust job market draws a rise in Hispanic, Latino American, and Asian immigrants. The town prides itself as the country’s most racially and ethnically diverse major city. This results in a welcoming community that fosters inclusiveness and social support among the residents. It also means locals can try various cuisines and restaurant cultures. Embrace uniqueness and receive hospitality no matter what nation you are born in.
BOOMING ECONOMY: Houston Texas neighborhood has experienced a booming economy in recent years. One major factor is the city’s vital energy sector, with Houston being a major center for oil and gas production. It is also home to a thriving port and shipping industry and a growing healthcare and medical research sector. The city’s low cost of living and business-friendly environment attracts many businesses and entrepreneurs. As a result, Houston has seen steady job growth and a solid real estate market.
RESEARCH CENTER: One of the advantages of a Houston Texas neighborhood is the benefits of a city considered a global leader in the fields of medicine and research. The city is home to several top-ranked medical exploration institutions. Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical center, and the Houston Methodist Research Institute conduct cutting-edge research in the said fields. Additionally, NASA’s Johnson Space Center is the leading development facility for human spaceflight and aeronautics. The city is perfect for curious minds and professionals interested in being involved in significant scientific advancements.
Houston TX Market Statistics
Median Home Price
Median Price Per Sqft
Average Days on Market
Median Price of Sold Homes
Home Ownership Percentage
Homes in Houston, TX
10 Real Estate Facts about Homes in Houston, TX
- The city’s real estate market offers single-family homes, townhouses, condominiums, and vacant lots.
- The value of condominiums and townhomes starts from $40,000 to $5.9M.
- Condos and townhouses feature floor sizes ranging from 572 sq ft. to 4,600 sq ft.
- Low to mid-priced single-family properties provide living spaces ranging from 660 sq ft. to 4,800 sq ft.
- These homes typically sell from $80,000 to $950,000.
- Home lots usually range from 0.11 to 2 acres, ideal for households needing more space.
- Luxurious million-dollar homes are available from $1M to $16M.
- High-end houses feature a much larger footprint ranging from 1,400 sq ft. to 22,000 sq ft. Lot sizes are between 0.34 to 3 acres.
- Vacant lots are also available for purchase in varied sizes. These lots are from $15,000.0 to $8M, spanning 0.06 to 13 acres.
- Houston communities can be categorized as Inner Loop and Outer Loop neighborhoods.
Find Your Home
Latest Homes for Sale in Houston, TX
On the map
Interstate 10, also known as the Katy Freeway, runs east to west through the city. The Gulf Freeway (I-45) runs north to south, and the Southwest Freeway runs from the city center towards the southwest and connects Houston to other cities in Texas.
Take the next step
Ready to take the next step?
I’m a long-standing professional realtor with extensive experience in sales and marketing. I’m committed to ensuring that I find the perfect fit for both buyers and sellers that I work with and do this through my excellent negotiation and organization skills. When I’m not working, I enjoy traveling and spending time with my golden retrievers.